martes, 1 de abril de 2014

The process of self publishing

Definitely making my novel coming out to the light, on my own, it’s been an Odyssey.

There are many details to keep in mind when you commit into a project like this. Even when my computer skills are above average… but thanks to that I have been my own proofreader, Illustrator,   cover and layout designer. Otherwise I would incurred in many expenses, paying to others what I could happily accomplished by myself. But 2 months of battling on the details (way of payment & taxes included, so converting a Word document into a valid format for publishing in amazon.com), I have finished with an annoying pain at the base of my skull, but also with a great satisfaction.

Reasons for self-publishing? Several. The most important: when I discovered authors may only receive 10% of the sale of his work as royalties from editors, I scandalize.  Through auto-publishing an author may earn 30% of sales, maybe more. And the work of promoting a book always will be the same for the author; he/she has to work hard with or without an editor.  
Then, let’s say “the die is cast”.  Later on I will comment on the experience, whether we’ll see the results… or not.

            
Big hug.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario